Research is easy. Isn’t it?
“I have run loads of campaigns and don’t need any help apart from conducting the actual fieldwork”. Sound familiar?
But have you really got the most out of your valuable investment?
Chances are, if you can’t say all of the following statements you haven’t and you could have made the project much easier for yourself with a few simple changes to the way you approach the campaign.
- I can categorically say that my sample is nationally representative
- I’m crystal clear about how many respondents of a specific job title I need to understand their opinions
- I know how many people I need to interview, in each country, for an international survey to be relevant
- I know when it is more appropriate to run a telephone (CATI) survey rather than an online methodology
- I am confident in writing a questionnaire that will meet the research objectives and be clear to respondents
- I am clear about how to cross analyse my research results
- I am able to write up the research results in a systematic and unbiassed approach whilst telling the story of the data in a visually engaging way
If you can confidently say all these statements, congratulations! You are obviously on your way to being a research guru and will be focused on getting the most out of your campaign. If you can’t, don’t panic. Most people can’t either.
My full service research agency, Arlington Research has created six top tips designed to help you prepare your campaign and ensure that you can say all of the above statements and maximise your investment in your next research project. It covers in detail:
How to run the perfect quantitative research campaign
- Always have clear SMART research objectives
- Always ensure that your sample is representative of the population
- Get the questionnaire right if you want to generate insights that will answer all your research objectives
- Predict what the pitfalls of the research are likely to be
- Ensure you have someone with a research background to analyse the results
- Make the reporting insightful, easy to read and easy to understand
To get your full free guide click here. Enjoy